Amherst, NY - The Nyack College men's basketball team played the second game of the ECC-CACC Challenge on Saturday afternoon when they squared off with the hosts Daemen College in a non-conference matchup. The Warriors came up short with a score of 72-83 and despite a strong effort in the first half.
Final: Nyack 72, Daemen 83
Records: NC (0-2), DC (2-0)
Location: Amherst, New York
- Nyack came out strong and jumped to an early 7-0 lead, the remainder of the half was tightly contested and saw several tied scores and lead changes
- the Warriors took a one-point lead into the half after the Daemen failed to convert both their free throws with three seconds to go
- Daemen got off to a better start in the second half taking the lead with a 15-4 run in the first six minutes of the second period
- Nyack trailed Daemen for the remainder of the game which saw them cut the Daemen lead down to seven with 1:46 to go in the game
- however, Nyack's final push came up short against the Wildcats and the game finished with a final score of 72-83
Nyack was led by junior Curtis Thompson with 18 points shooting 60% from the field, while draining all four shots from behind the arc.
The Warriors will return home on Wednesday when they host the Molloy College Lions in the 2018-19 home opener at 7:00pm.