Nyack, NY - The Nyack College men's basketball team opened home play with a non-conference match against the Molloy College Lions on Wednesday night. In a dramatic game the Warriors came up short by two points, which drops Nyack to a 0-3 start into the season.
Final: Nyack 79, Molloy 81
Records: NC (0-3), MC (1-2)
Location: Nyack, New York
- Molloy jumped to an early 9-4 lead, but Nyack came back to tie the game and take a six point lead with 12:51 left
- in the remaining ten minutes of the first half the game went back and forth with several tied scores and lead changes, but ultimately saw the Warriors take a five-point lead into halftime, 40-35
- Nyack came out hot in the second half when they went on a 12-0 run to extend their lead to 17
- the Warriors were up 62-40 when Molloy 28-6 run to tie the game back up
- both teams once again battled back and forth and the Lions eventuall got the game winning bucket with 4 seconds left in the game to clinch a close 81-79 victory
The Warriors posted four players with double-digit points led by Curtis Thompson with 14. Mahlik Sherlock led Nyack on the defensive end with 13 rebounds (11 defensive revounds) and four blocks.
The Warriors will be back on the road on Saturday when they travel to Massachusetts to square off with the Assumption College Greyhounds in a non-conference contest. Tip off is scheduled for 3:30pm.