Worcester, MA - The Nyack College men's basketball team was back on the road on Saturday afternoon when they traveled to Worcester, Massachusetts to take on the Assumption College Greyhounds.
Final: Nyack 69, Assumption 75
Records: NC (0-4), AC (3-1)
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Nyack jumped out to a 9-0 lead in the first two minutes and held on with the score at 13-4
- Assumption used a 6-0 to come within three, the remainder of the half was tightly contested by both teams with several tied scores and lead changed and eventually finished 39-41
- the Greyhounds used a 10-2 run to put some distance between them and the Warriors with the start of the second half
- Nyack slowly chipped away on the Assumption lead and saw themselves within three with 35 seconds left in the game, 69-72
- Assumption scored off a layup and a free throw with the next plays to close out the game at 69-75
Nyack was led by Curtis Thompson with 15 points and Geemal Davis with 13.
The Warriors will take a break during Thanksgiving week and will be back on the road on Saturday when they travel to Washington D.C. to square off with the UDC Firebirds at 1pm.