Washington, D.C. - The Nyack College men's basketball team was back on the road after a quick thanksgiving intermission to square off with the University of the Disctrict Columbia Firebirds on Saturday afternoon. The Firebirds came out on top defeating the Warriors by a score of 75-88.
Final: Nyack 75, UDC 88
Records: NC (0-5), UDC (4-2)
Location: Washington D.C
- Nyack got the first two points on the scorebaord but fell behind early and trailed the Firebirds for the majority of the first half
- the Warriors took their second lead of the half with six minutes left when Nyack overcame a 7-point deficit with a 11-3 run, 24-23
- UDC garnered their lead back with the next attack and never looked back finishing the half with a 7-point lead 31-38
- with the start of the second half UDC extended their lead to 19-points, but the Warriors slowly chipped away on the advantage and came within seven with 4:12 to go in the game
- the Warriors set themselves up for a huge comeback when a Gemaal Davis layup saw Nyack within four with 1:54 to play in the second half
- but UDC went a perfect 4-4 from the foul line and added five points from the field and managed to fend the Warriors off in the closing minutes
Kennith Ford led the Warriors with a game-high 18 points with 7-13 shooting and 50% from behind the arc. Gemaal Davis followed Ford with 14 points, with 7-13 shooting as well, while pulling down seven rebounds.
Men's basketball will be back in action on Wednesday when they host the Mercy College Mavericks at 7:00pm in a another non-conference match up.