Nyack, NY. - The Nyack College men's basketball team was back on Wednesday night for their second home game of the season to square off with the Mercy College Mavericks. The Warriors suffered a heartbreaking 65-68 loss which drops their overall record to 0-6 to start the season.
Final: Nyack 65, Mercy 68
Records: NC (0-6), MC (2-4)
Location: Nyack, New York
- Nyack came out hot with a 26-9 run in the first ten minutes to go up by 17
- Mercy slowly fought its way back into the game and finished the first half with a three-point deficit, 37-34
- Nyack started the second half with 6-4 advantage to increase their lead to five, before Mercy took the charge and went ahead by two
- a Nyack 3-pointer tied the game at the 14:27th mark, 47-47; for the next three minutes neither team was able to find the go ahead bucket
- the Mavericks used a quick 5-0 run to move ahead again and held on this 5-point margin until the final minutes of the game
- with the score 65-60 for the Mavericks, the Warriors converted both free throws to make it a 3-point game
- the Warriors struggled from the foul line in the final seconds of the game, which allowed Mercy to close out the win on the day
Nyack was led by freshmen Joel Bailey and Jordan Rodriguez. Bailey posted 13 points with 5 for 9 shooting, while Rodriguez went 4-6 for 11 points on the day. Bailey also recorded a game-high five steals on the day.
Men's basketball will be back in action on Saturday when they host the LIU Post Pioneers in a non-conference match at 3pm.