Nyack, NY. - The Nyack College men's basketball started the new year with a CACC match up against North Division rivals Post University Eagles on Wednesday night.
Final: Nyack 79, Post 78
Records: NC (3-9, 2-2), PU (3-10, 0-4)
Location: Nyack, New York
- the game went back and forth in the first few minutes, but Nyack was able to slowly pull away establishing a ten-point lead with 8:54 to go in the first half
- Nyack held on to their lead throughout the remainder of the first half and took a 11-point lead into the break
- Post got off to the better start in the second half and came within four at the 17:47 minute mark
- the Eagles slowly fought their way back into the game and tied the score for the first time in the second half at 64-64 with 8:29 left
- Nyack held the advantage for most of the remainder of the half, but Post tied the score once again and took a one-point lead with only nine seconds left in the game
- the Warriors had one final chance to take the victory; Shawn Witherspoon's layup missed but Carl Balthazar came up with the clutch offensive rebound and scored the go ahead bucket with less than a second left on the clock
Carl Balthazar and Geemal Davis led the Warriors with 14 points each. Balthazar also added six rebounds, three steals and a block in the win.
Nyack will be back this Saturday when they take on the Wilmington University Wildcats in another CACC match at 3pm on the road.