Lakewood, NJ - The Nyack College men's basketball traveled to Connecticut on Tuesday night to square off with the Post University Eagles in a North Division match up.
Final: Nyack 67 , Georgian Court 68
Records: NC (4-17, 3-10), GCU (4-18, 3-10)
Location: Lakewood, New Jersey
- the game went back and forth in the opening minutes and was tied at ten a piece with 14 minutes left in the first half
- the Warriors used a 14-0 run to pull away from the Lions within the next four minutes of the half
- but the Lions rallied back throughout the remainder of the first period and took a five-point lead into halftime
- the Warriors trailed by as much as 11 in the second half, but slowly fought their way back into the game and took their first lead of the second period with 3:37 left in the game, 63-62
- the game went crazy in the final minutes with lead changes on almost every play
- with 1:59 left Georgian Court held a one-point lead, 67-68, which they defended throughout the next two minutes to edge out Nyack
Nyack was led by Curtis Thompson with a career-high 27 points, shooting 11-19 from the field.
Nyack will be back in action on Wednesday when they host the Bloomfield College Bears at 7:30pm at Bowman Gym.