NYACK, NY. – With a successful spring season in the books, Nyack College soccer head coach Keith Davie released the Warriors' 2018 schedule Wednesday, which includes 8 regular-season home dates. In total, the Warriors will face 18 regular-season opponents, with the aforementioned 8 games at home and eleven on the road.
"Our schedule is a good balance of tough CACC opponents with some really strong Regional teams." Davie said. "With the amount of new players, it will be our goal to establish our team on the NCAA regional stage."
Of the 18 total contests on the 2018 slate, 14 teams earned winning seasons a year ago and eight qualified for the NCAA postseason.
The 2018 season officially kicks off on the road as the Warriors will travel to New Hampshire to take on the Franklin Pierce University Ravens on Thursday, Aug. 30 at 4 p.m. ET, before moving on to Albany where Nyack will face the St. Rose Golden Knights on Saturday, Sept. 1.
After their short trip, the Warriors will return home for two home contests against Shippensburg (Sept. 5) and Holy Family (Sept. 8). Nyack will go for a quick trip to local rivals Dominican on Sept. 11, before they are back home with contests against Jefferson (Sept. 15) and NYIT (Sept. 19).
The CACC slate will begin continue on the road against Wilmington (Sept. 22), Concordia (Sept. 25), and Georgian Court (Sept. 29), before the Warriors take a quick conference break and take on Assumption at home (Oct. 3) and Souther Connecticut State University on the road (Oct. 6).
The Warriors will close out the regular season with six CACC contests, hosting Chestnut Hill (Oct. 3), Felician (Oct. 23), and Goldey-Beacom (Oct. 20) at home, while traveling to Caldwell (Oct. 9), Post (Oct. 17), and Bloomfield (Oct. 26).
Breakdown of the Schedule
- 18 total regular-season games, 8 at home and ten on the road
- Five regular-season contests will be against non-conference foes, with Assumption and St. Rose being the only returning teams from last year's schedule
- 6 teams on 2017's slate had winning records last season
- Nyack will play two teams (Goldey-Beacom, SCSU) that qualified for the 2017 NCAA postseason in the Fall
- Season/Home Opener: Wednesday, Sept. 5 vs. Shippensburg (7 p.m. ET)
- CACC Home Opener: Saturday, Sept. 8 vs. Holy Family (2:30 p.m. ET)
- Nyack will face opponents from three different leagues
- PSAC (1): Shippensburg
- NE10 (3): St. Rose, Assumption, Southern Connecticut State U.
- ECC (1): NYIT
#warriors #warriorpride #defendthehillside