Nyack, NY - The Nyack College women's basketball game traveled to New Jersey to take on the Bloomfield College Bears in a CACC match which was also the last conference game of 2018 for the Warriors.
Final: Nyack 70, Bloomfield 68
Records: NC (2-8, 1-3), BC (1-9, 0-2)
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
- Bloomfield enjoyed the better start, but the Warriors turned their engines on and took a 12-6 lead with five minutes left in the first quarter, which ended 19-16 for Nyack
- Nyack kept pushing and extended their lead ti 8 at the sixth minute mark of the second quarter, but Bloomfield held on and cut the lead back down to four before halftime
- the Warriors enjoyed their largest lead of the game when they were up by 16 in the third, but the Bears cut the lead back down to 11 with the end of the third period
- Bloomfield made a final push in the fourth and took the lead with a minute left 64-65
- but Nyack gained the lead back right away and never looked back to earn their first conference win of the season
Nyack was led by freshman Elle Nittinger with 25 points, shooting 8-11 and 7-8 from behind the arc. Yamalis Villegas finished the day with 18 points, while Janae Bailey also reached double digits with 13.
Nyack will be back one more time before the year ends when they travel to New Haven for a NCAA match on December 29, at 1:30pm.