Nyack, NY - The Nyack College women's basketball team started the new year with a non-conference match against the Division III Manhattanville College Valiants at home. The Valiants entered the game unbeaten with a record of 10-0 but left Nyack with their first loss of the season.
Final: Nyack 70, Manhattanville 67
Records: NC (3-9), MC (10-1)
Location: Nyack, New York
- the Valiants got off to a better start with a 8-1 run, which set them up to finish the first quarter with a five-point lead, 12-17
- Manhattanville extended their lead to as much as 17 before finishing the first half with a 13-point advantage
- the Warriors flipped the switch in the second half and slowly chipped away at the Valiant's lead coming within four before the end of the third quarter
- Nyack tied the game for the first time with 7:31 to go in the game and went ahead off a Torie Eggers 3-pointer to take their first lead since the beginning of the game
- the Warriors led by the seven during the last minute of the game, but the Valiants made a final push and came within two, but Yamalis Villegas' perfect trip to the foul line with 13 seconds left in the game sealed the deal for Nyack
Elle Nittinger continued her strong form and led the Warriors with 19 points. Yamalis Villegas reached double-digits with 13 points and 13 rebounds, while adding three steals and a block.
Nyack will be back this Saturday when they travel to Wilmington to take on the Wilmington University Wildcats in their first CACC match of the new year at 1pm.