Men's Soccer Prospective Student-Athletes
A CHRISTIAN PROGRAM
Nyack is a Christian college looking for student-athletes who are serious about their faith and have the maturity to handle the high expectations of our program. The foundation of our men's soccer program is set on God as the cornerstone and it is our goal to build an environment of success that will facilitate physical, academic, and spiritual growth that will allow us to minister to the people, teams, faculty, and fellow student-athletes that we will encounter on and off the field.
A GREAT LEVEL OF PLAY
We are looking for players who have a high level of technical, tactical, and athletic ability. We often attract players from all over the world who choose Nyack because of the location in Lower Manhattan, the culture, and the intentionally positive and diverse team chemistry found in our program.
We have completed our 2019 recruiting and have filled all of our spots for the fall.
We are graduating a class of 8 seniors and are looking to bring in 14 field players and two goalkeepers in our 2020 recruiting class. Although this is subject to change we are looking for the following positions: -Striker -Winger -Center Midfielder -Center Back -Outside Back -Goalkeeper
THE RECRUITING PROCESS
The team is chosen through the recruiting process as opposed to open tryouts when school starts. Therefore, it is important for interested high school student-athletes to understand both the process and the timing. The following are some steps you can take to help in the recruiting process:
1. Contact Us: Fill out our online recruiting form so we will have your information. Then follow up with a personal e-mail to our Recruiting Coordinator/Assistant Coach Francois Legoedec at [email protected] and copy Head Coach Alex Schmidt to the e-mail at [email protected]. Make sure to attach your current High School and/or college transcripts and mentiond any tournaments and/or showcases you may be participating in.
2. Attend our ID Clinic: Our Winter ID Clinic is a helpful part of our initial identification process in our recruiting timeline. In the Fall of 2019 it is held at the Nyack College Rockland Campus. Our indoor air structure facility allows us to play and practice regardless the weather conditions outside. More information and online registration can be found on the camp website: https://soccer.nyackcamps.com/
3. Attend our ID Camp: In the summer of 2020 Nyack College will hold its first Christian College ID Camp which will serve as the most important part of our recruiting process as we will make many of our roster decisions based on the evaluations from this Camp. It is also a great way for you to learn more about the system/style/feel of the program, our players, and our coaches. More information and online registration can be found on the camp website: https://soccer.nyackcamps.com/
4. Send us Tournament Schedules: If you will be attending one of the tournaments in the right hand box, then send us your game times, field locations, opponent, and jersey number.
5. Visit Campus: You can get a campus tour, meet with Admissions, and spend time with the coaching staff. Contact our Admissions Office at 212-625-0500 to set up the visit, and be sure to let them know you wish to meet with the coaching staff.
6. Send us Highlights: Although we don't typically offer spots based on video alone, it can sometimes be a good starting place for the recruiting process.
7. Come to a Game: It is of great benefit for you to see us play and get a first hand look at the level of play, the team's style, and the atmosphere surrounding a game.
We spend the fall, spring, and summer of a player's junior year to identify and evaluate players who we think would be an excellent fit for Nyack--spiritually, academically, and athletically. By November the identification phase of our recruiting process is complete and we begin to offer spots. We have finished our recruiting for the following year as early as November and as late as April, but for the most part it finishes up in the winter.